Saturday, October 18, 2008

One Random Day Out

Its a Saturday and I woke up thinking that today I will do nothing. Maybe some chores here and there but pretty much nothing interesting.

As I was reading the Star newspaper, I came across this little article on what to do on a Saturday (I think its in the Metro section). And in the corner of the page was an article about FREE DANCING WORKSHOPS. I was intrigued. They offered free teachings on Flamenco, Salsa, Belly Dancing, Capoeira and many more. I always wanted to learn Belly Dancing and I've already bought that shimmy skirt thingy eons ago so I thought.."Why not?" I've got nothing to do and maybe I can get a little bit of exercise for today.

And so I packed up some stuff and headed to the studio situated in Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, KL.
The workshop started at 11am but I came around 3pm and I came just in the nick of time cuz the Belly Dancing class was about to start. I was the only one who brought her shimmy skirt so I was very "bangga" with myself when the instructor, Nancy, was very pleased with me for bringing it. LOL. Anyways, since it was just an intro class, she just taught the basic and different Belly Dancing technique out there (and there is quite a number..). And boy I felt really sexy.LOL. And the hip movements and shimming around was not easy. Since I went alone, I pretty much had to rely on myself to follow the instructor. Some of the other participant brought someone with them and they tend to rely on their friend for help in the steps. I must say it was sooooooo liberating. I just shimmied around with no care in the world. After the class ended, I continued to stay to see other type of dances. Basically, I participated in Capoeira, Flamenco and Latin Aerobics. Capoeira was the hardest one. If you have the stamina and able to carry your body, you should join this. Its interesting but not my thing. My fav. was Latin Aerobics. The instructor, Stephan was so energetic and he mentioned that he combines all type of Latin moves. Another moment I felt sexy..haha.

I must say, after leaving the studio, I was very happy with myself. You know when you have nothing to do and feel bored and you continue to do nothing for the rest of your day and you just sulk. Today, I can proudly tell myself at least I did something and which is so random.
I told myself this, " You are bored cuz you're boring". Tell yourself this and you may somehow find yourself doing something absolutely random. Try it dudes and dudettes. You may suprise yourself.

Till the next whine, toodles.

Note: The studio I went to was called Havana Estudio. The owner is Sharie (very nice lady). You can visit their website at www.havanaestudio.com and check out other classses you may want to participate.

2 comments:

Azalia Suhaimi said...

ah, that's nicee! esp since they're free of charge hehe ..

I think it's a great way to fill up our time with things that add up to our skills....so like in your case, not only did u do somethin random & interesting on a Saturday, but u also learned some belly dancing skills! yeay! :)

cik intan said...

o dear..i sooooo miss kynetics moment! terkangkang kangkang kite! huhuhuh..

 
Designed by Lena