Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kini Tiba Masanya...berHari Raya

Hi peeps....

Its been more than a week that the Muslims welcomed the month of Syawal and where we celebrate Eid Mubarrak. Usually the Muslims are going all out with preparation before the special day and my family ain't any different. My mom will make her absolutely 'sedap' (tasty) chicken rendang, ketupat, and kuah kacang with peparu *salivates*..

This year celebration is different though. We have a new member in our family, my brother-in-law, Abg. Rizal. Now this fellow, he told us that he never had the proper Eid celebration where usually ppl will 'balik kampung' and where family members will ask for forgiveness and all that shazam. So he told us, he never done all that and this is the very first time doing all the typical preparation and traditional customs. Lets just say he was quite 'jakun' (overly excited). *its okay Abg. Rizal..now u are part of the Najri Clan..u will realize we have a lot of dumb traditions : P*

Another thing that was different was, since my grandma is staying with us for a while, my mom's sibs came to celebrate at our house so our house was very 'meriah'. Even the night before, we were playing fireworks like little over eager kids. Hehehe....Just check out the pics below

Before you check out the pics, let me recommend something to you all. If you ever try to purchase illegal firecrackers or whatever shiznits...I recommend the "KLCC". Just ask the seller why. (no pics were taken during this "KLCC" display cuz we were too occupied with its awe-ness)

-My Family-

My sis & my brother-in-law

My sister and my brother
(Being vain is what we know best)



-ThunderClap-


-Lighting up the tree-


-Christmas Tree during Eid Mubarrak??-


-My siblings and my little cousin being 'jakun'-


-My uncle and my brother cooking 'lemang'-

-My brother-in-law getting excited-

2 comments:

Shemah said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri Alia.. Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

You guys look like you had a blast.. I can't remember ever playing with fireworks for raya. Setakat bunga api only.. Bo. Ring.

Ratu Syura said...

happy raya, maaf zahir & batin! looks like a totally fun raya! :)

 
Designed by Lena